With a green made of watercress pesto, our Greenie Open-Face Sandwiches are a nod to the course itself.
Greenie Open-Face Sandwiches
Yield: 1½ dozen sandwiches • Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 (4-ounce) bag watercress
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) French baguette, sliced in ¼-inch slices
- 1 (4-ounce) package pasteurized goat cheese
- Garnish: flag picks*
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine watercress, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and salt. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on each baguette slice. Spread a thin layer of watercress mixture over goat cheese. Set aside.
- Roll remaining goat cheese into a small ball for each baguette slice. Place a ball on each slice.
- Garnish with a flag pick, if desired.
- *Make your own flag picks by using toothpicks and heavy paper, such as textured card stock. Fold paper in half lengthwise. Draw small isosceles triangles on one side of paper, using fold for short edges. Cut out triangles, keeping fold intact. Place a toothpick inside fold of a triangle, and secure with a small piece of double-sided tape. Repeat for remaining triangles and toothpicks.
TeaTime Magazine https://teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime July/August 2010