Orange marmalade is the filling for these Orange Marmalade Linzer Cookies.
Orange Marmalade Linzer Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating until incorporated. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until dough comes together.
- Place half of dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper or waxed paper, and roll to a ¼-inch thickness. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Remove chilled dough from paper, and place on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2-inch scalloped-edge round cutter, cut 72 rounds from chilled dough and place on prepared baking sheets. Using teapot-shaped linzer cutters, remove and discard centers from 36 rounds.
- Bake until edges of cookies are very light golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container with layers separated by waxed paper.
- Just before serving, place a scant 1 teaspooon marmalade onto each whole cookie. Top with a cut-out cookie.
Calories: 4448 Fat: 193g Saturated fat: 119g Unsaturated fat: 59g Trans fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 650g Sugar: 345g Sodium: 3022mg Fiber: 12g Protein: 48g Cholesterol: 674mg
From TeaTime September/October 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!