These Pineapple-Shrimp Salad Tea Sandwiches are full of fresh, sweet flavor and garnished to perfection with pineapples slices.
Pineapple-Shrimp Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 8 cups water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pound small to medium shrimp in shell, peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh pineapple, blotted dry on paper towels
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh snow peas
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 large slices sourdough sandwich bread, frozen
- 8 thin slices fresh pineapple
- 4 snow pea pods
- Garnish: fresh pineapple flower, snow pea slices*
- In a large saucepan, combine water, lemon slices, bay leaf, and Old Bay Seasoning, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add shrimp, cover pan, and let shrimp poach for 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from poaching liquid, and place in a bowl of crushed ice to chill. Blot shrimp dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in the work bowl of a food processor, and chop finely.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped shrimp, chopped pineapple, chopped snow peas, red bell pepper, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, stirring to blend. Transfer shrimp salad to a covered container, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Using a 2¼-inch round cutter, cut 16 rounds from frozen bread slices. Place 1½ to 2 tablespoons shrimp salad on each of 8 bread rounds. Top with remaining bread rounds.
- Garnish each sandwich with a pineapple flower and 2 snow pea slices, if desired.
*Using a 1-inch linzer-type flower cutter, cut 8 shapes from pineapple chunks. Using a small paring knife, cut very thin slices from snow pea pods to resemble flower leaves.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime Celebrations 2016 today!