Delectable hummus, flavored by roasted carrots and fresh tarragon, is elegantly placed in slices of English cucumber in Roasted Carrot & Tarragon Hummus CanapÃ©s. Roasted Carrot & Tarragon Hummus CanapÃ©s pictured with Smoked Salmon-Radish Crostini.Â
Roasted Carrot & Tarragon Hummus CanapÃ©s
Serves: approximately 32
- Â½ pound carrots, peeled
- 1 clove garlic (leave skin on)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 orange
- Â½ cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1Â¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- Â¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large English cucumber
- Garnish: fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425Â°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place carrots and garlic on prepared baking sheet. Toss with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Bake until roasted and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove skin from garlic.
- Transfer carrots and garlic to the work bowl of a food processor. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes. (This will allow the carrots to steam and become more tender and cool before processing.)
- Finely grate 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange. Add orange juice to processor, and process until carrots are finely ground. Add orange zest, chickpeas, tarragon, tahini, honey, salt, and pepper; process until combined. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil; process until desired degree of thickness. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice cucumber into Â½-inch-thick rounds. Using a melon baller, scoop out centers of cucumber rounds, leaving a thin layer at bottom. Transfer carrot hummus to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip (Ateco #825). Pipe hummus into center of cucumber rounds.
- Garnish with tarragon, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes,Â table settings, and teatime inspirationÂ by ordering yourÂ TeaTimeÂ subscriptionÂ today!