These tasty Sweet Potato & Goat Cheese Bites are the perfect savory to serve for afternoon tea. Sweet Potato & Goat Cheese Bites pictured with Smoked Salmon–Aïoli Canapés.
Sweet Potato & Goat Cheese Bites
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 16 pomegranate arils
- Garnish: fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each sweet potato crosswise into 8 (¼-inch-thick) slices. Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut centers from sweet potato slices, discarding scraps. Place sweet potato rounds on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt, coating front and back of rounds.
- Bake until rounds begin to crisp, approximately 10 minutes. Turn rounds, and bake 5 minutes more. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat together goat cheese, cream, and rosemary with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Transfer goat cheese mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open star piping tip (Wilton #4B). Pipe approximately 1 teaspoon goat cheese mixture onto each sweet potato round. Top each with a pomegranate aril.
- Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!