These Turkey & Cranberry Chutney Tea Sandwiches are a delicious savory for teatime. Turkey & Cranberry Chutney Tea Sandwiches pictured with Pizza Phyllo Cups.
Turkey & Cranberry Chutney Tea Sandwiches
- 1 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 18 thin slices white bread, frozen
- 18 thin slices wheat bread, frozen
- ½ pound deli turkey breast, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, ¼ cup water, orange zest, orange juice, shallot, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Using a potato masher, mash cranberries. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vinegar, dry mustard, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Transfer cranberry chutney to a heatproof bowl, and let cool completely.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard onto bread slices. Layer half of turkey slices on mustard side of 9 white bread slices and 9 wheat bread slices. Spoon a thin layer of cranberry chutney onto turkey. Top with remaining turkey slices and with remaining bread slices, mustard side down, placing white bread on white bread and wheat bread on wheat bread.
- Using a serrated knife in a gentle, sawing motion, trim and discard crusts, and cut each sandwich into 2 (3×1-inch) fingers.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!