These White Chocolate Mendiants are filled with flavorful hints of orange and cherry.
White Chocolate Mendiants
- 2 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate*
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- ⅓ cup chopped dried sour cherries
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted salted pistachios
- Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or waxed paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in microwave oven at 50 percent power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each.
- Add orange zest to melted chocolate, stirring to blend. Immediately, using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, drop chocolate mixture 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Decoratively arrange dried cherries and pistachios on melted chocolate disks.
- Refrigerate until firm. Carefully remove mendiants from silicone mats, and place in a covered container with waxed paper between layers. Refrigerate until serving time.
- *We used Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bars.
TeaTime Magazine https://teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime January/February 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime, January/February 2017 today!